It's the day before a weekend in which we have zero activities planned. Yippee! In other words, this is our last free weekend for about six weeks. I foresee lots of cleaning, chilling, and hopefully blogging. Here are some highlights from this week:
Nove: Citta di Ceramica. 25 minutes from our house is the town of Nove, which is basically the Italian capital of ceramics. Sounds kind of lame-o, but its AMAZING. Even B loves it. They make ceramics for Lenox, Tiffany & Co, Williams Sonoma, Banana Republic, and have lots of unique hand painted designs. Our favorite shop is La Ceramica VBC, because its huge and has every kind of plate we've ever dreamed of. I had to run up there this week to pick something up for a friend, and did a great job of practicing self-control by not purchasing one of everything.
Grilling. Y'all. I used a grill for the first time this week! I've always been terrified of grills... something about the propane tank and abundance of fire just makes me uneasy. With B's supervision, I grilled kebabs this week, and I'm pretty proud of myself! I don't think this will be a regular occurrence, but at least I can say I've done it.
Stitch Fix. Mail is still incredibly slow right now, and receiving my Stitch Fix this week was a nice surprise! I don't receive a Fix every month, I prefer a more quarterly cycle. I received my first box about 18 months ago, and I was not impressed. The second one came, and again, not really impressed. I took a break, reevaluated my "style profile" and description, and ever since, I've been happy! I only request tops and dresses (no jewelry, bottoms, accessories or shoes), because I can never have enough. I got the most perfect dress this Fix, and I can't wait to wear it on our next adventure! If you want to try Stitch Fix for yourself, click here!
Nostalgia. We're nearing our "one year in Italy" mark, and I'm feeling super sentimental. This time last year, our unaccompanied baggage was long gone, and our storage items were officially packed and in a container somewhere. We were living amongst our necessities, and living it up during our final North Dakota summer. With our Italy anniversary and our five year wedding anniversary this year, it's going to be a very sweet, sentimental summer!
| Our basement (pre-movers) |
Snowballing. We're about to have a crazy busy summer. Like, crazy. Lots of trips + tons of visitors + la dolce vita = the happiest stress in the world. Bring it on!
I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing, productive weekend!! Ciao!





Way to go on using the grill! When we were in ATL for Berit's bachelorette party I was so proud of her for using the grill because I've always been terrified too! Does that mean you'll be grillin for us when we make our trip to Italia in September ;) I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWe will absolutely not be cooking for you in September... we're going out for local Italian food!!
DeleteYou have my curiosity for that ceramics place!! I would go wild in there!! And yay for getting that grill going!
ReplyDeleteThe ceramics are SO fun! Its an entire town of ceramic artists, so its super hard to practice self control :) Let's just say I may or may not have dishes for EVERY occasion... and if I don't, then I go to the town of Nove to buy more!
Delete