Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday No. 6

It's been a few Fridays since I've had an official "Friday" post for you, so here's to getting back on track!

1. Bugs and the Bug. We came home from our Tuscan getaway weekend, and had a wonderful reunion with our puppies! Is there anything better than coming home to puppy kisses? Anyway, about a day later, Bugs started getting super sick. He couldn't keep his food down, and was super lethargic. I asked our dog sitter if he got into anything strange while he was with her, but she said everything was normal during his stay.


The next day it got even worse, and I ended up calling our veterinarian. They couldn't help and referred me to the Italian vet. Uhh, I was nervous. Explaining medical things about an animal over the phone? Intimidating. Luckily, after using a lot of synonyms to get my point across (since I couldn't use my hands!!) the vet said to restrict his food and call them if it continued or got worse later in the day. Luckily, it didn't. He was more "himself" during the following days with only a few sick episodes. Almost a week later, we think he is finally over it. Thank goodness!

2. Hot Italian Summer. We were super spoiled during our time in Northern Europe, because the weather was beautiful! Low 80's and sunshine almost every day! We got back to Italy, and this heat hit me like a ton of bricks. Y'all. Its in the 90's and I'm dying... which is crazy, because I grew up in Houston. I keep telling myself it's not that bad, especially since last summer had record setting temperatures and was about 15 degrees warmer.

Also, I'm basically ready for fall because of the Nordstrom sale. Thanks a lot!

3. Lots of Visitors = Lots of Food. We are SO happy to have so many people visiting us over here in Italy! One of the best parts of having so many visitors is all of the fantastic food we get to share with them. This week I got to take my parents to one of our favorite restaurants for one of our favorite meals: fagottini. It's a stuffed pasta pouch with sweet cheese, pear, and ham in a creamy sauce. The pictures never do it justice, but its ALWAYS delicious. I need to learn who to make it!

Fagottini

4. Running Behind. As my parents' trip winds down, I can't help but feel a little unprepared for our upcoming adventures. I'm going to enjoy the next few days to the fullest, but later next week will consist of lots of reading, reviewing, and reserving!


5. Safe and Sound. My mom and I were in Provence last weekend. We had such a fantastic time amongst the flowers and amidst all of the French culture. As we drove through Nice on Monday, we talked about how it would be a great place to go explore and relax next summer. From the little of the city we saw, the clear water and sunny skies looked picture perfect, and the whitewash coastline seemed to ooze decadence. I never comment on this kind of stuff, but the attack in Nice was just plain terrifying. It's a sad and scary world that we live in today, and my heart just hurts. I wish we could just all get along.
Provence, near Sault

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Bugs is feeling better! Sometimes Dart has the same thing where he won't keep food down, and it's just something that has to pass through his system. It doesn't make it any less terrifying though! And yes to being able to eat all the food! I need to stay on the workout train so I don't gain a million pounds when we come and visit y'all!
    It really is scary what's been going on the world right now, and my heart hurts just like yours. I'm just glad that y'all weren't there when it happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sick puppies are the worst! I need to teach him how to talk so he can communicate with me. That's a thing, right? Our walking will be our "working out" in September ;)

      Delete
  2. That must have been so scary to see Bugs sick like that, but I am glad he's doing better. The best part of having family and friends visit us in Hawaii is always taking them to our favorite places to eat! I'm glad that you are having lots of visitors to share Italy with. I'm glad you are getting out and making the most of your time there - that's one of the best parts of military life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're loving the adventures over here, and sharing them with people we love! I can't wait to see all of your adventures in Hawaii!

      Delete