Life is what we make it.
In our case, we determine our happiness in every element of our life. Moving to a new place every three years definitely has the potential to be a complete and total disaster, but we control if it is or isn't. Right now, living 2000+ miles from most of our friends and family seems like the end of the world, but it's not.
I think I'm getting to the point where I'm thriving on the change, and almost excited about it. Ben has a new job for the year, and will be leaving for training in a few months. When he gets back, the "where to next" conversations will start. I've started my new job in a new industry, completed my first semester of my MBA program, and became a stylist with Stella & Dot. (I need to have a discount somewhere... right?!?) All in all, change for us has been keeping us on our toes!
I feel that this blog is going to become my attempt at "making it." In other words, turning situations that aren't always positive into rainbows and butterflies. This is my chance to share the things I'm grateful for, the things that excite me, my passions, and maybe when things get tough, a little bit of a soap box for me to stand on. I know what I need to survive on this crazy, winding road of a journey that we're on, I'm going to need some kind of outlet... and this is it :)
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9




0 comments:
Post a Comment