Tuesday, March 3, 2015

BURSTING

Confession: I'm bursting. Absolutely busting at the seams!

First of all: we're moving. I'm holding off on broadcasting the when and where until we officially have orders and I can let my work know what's going on, but we're moving and it is completely overwhelming in the best way. Let's just say, we're expecting lots of weekend getaways and lots of visitors! Stay tuned for a happy post in all caps :)

Second: we're selling our house. Call us crazy, but we don't have any desire to continue to own a vacation home in Minot, ND for the rest of our lives. The house we live in has made our time here even more fantastic than we could have ever hoped for. Minot in general has been extremely good to us, and letting go of this home will definitely be hard. With that being said, we've been cleaning, caulking, and packing up the house all February in preparation. Our realtor came to the house last night and took a ton of photos and was super impressed with the way we had everything staged. We are definitely a family that likes to hang photos, so from the time of our first home value meeting to yesterday, the change is pretty dramatic. It's only been B and I in the house for almost three years, plus one (now two) small dog-children, so hopefully that makes our home super attractive.

We expected to put the house on the market in mid-March, but based on the phone traffic his realtors have been receiving as of March 1st, he wants us to list it immediately. We'll have a condition on the sale that we can't move out until the summer, so hopefully buyers will be willing to compromise on that. We're definitely flexible, but we can only live in a hotel for so long before we go crazy! So, once we get a few papers signed, we will officially be on the market. In fact, on Friday, realtors will be taking a tour of our home! Fingers crossed, our anxiety starts now!

I apologize for the super vague post, but like I said, I'm just bursting at the seams with excitement! It's hard to find things to write about because we have so many things going on that we want to keep under-wraps, but I will make my best effort to share what I can, when I can. In the meantime, get ready to enjoy lots of fluffy stuff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment