Happy Anniversary to the love of my life! The best day of our lives was five years ago today, and boy has it been an adventure ever since.
What do I remember about our big day? Everything and nothing, all at the same time. I remember being READY to get this show on the road. I remember it being super hot and thinking, why in the world did we pick AUGUST?!
I remember having a BLAST with my best friends and bridesmaids while we got ready, and hoping B wasn't getting a sunburn at the golf course... (he didn't!)
I remember telling myself I should cry all day leading up to the ceremony, so I would run out of tears by the time I had to walk down the aisle. What actually happened? I didn't cry at all... until I walked down the aisle. #emotional
I remember the reception as an evening of fun and dancing. Our friends and family had beautiful things to say in their speeches and prayers, and after we all ate too much food, the dance floor was full the entire night. The first song of the night was Honey Bee by Blake Shelton, and everytime I hear that song, I still think of our wedding day!
I am so happy that we got to celebrate our marriage with so many friends and family, and now I truly understand what a privilege that was. Our lives have changed SO much since August 6, 2011, and our marriage truly gets better with time.
Five years down, forever to go!!





Happy anniversary you two love birds! Have the best time celebrating today with two people that celebrated with you five years ago!
ReplyDelete