Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Five Things...

...that I probably should have blogged about.

1 - Valentine's Day in NYC. We had a weekend whirlwind trip to New York City over Valentine's Day weekend. This weekend was also referred to as the coldest weekend in New York ever. Okay, maybe not EVER, but it was definitely chilly. Even though we now pride ourselves on living in the 'tundra,' we don't have to walk around in it like we did in New York! We went to the Empire State Building, Rockafeller Center, the New York Public Library, the 9/11 Memorial, saw Wicked on Broadway, frequented Times Square, rode in a horse-drawn carriage in Central Park, enjoyed a comedy club, and savored every bite in every restaurant we visited. We even squeezed in some family time and caught up with an old friend! What a wonderful, wonderful trip! Next time, we promise to visit in warmer weather!

My in-laws, me, and B!


2 - Losing my wisdom... teeth. Ouch! Thank goodness for the 'good stuff' the lovely doctor provided me with. I had all four wisdom teeth removed about three weeks ago, and I'm SO glad to have gotten it out of the way! I've been putting off the surgery for years, becuase I was/am simply terrified of it. With finding out our news about Italy, I really wanted it done here in the states and before B leaves for training. Therefore, on a lovely Friday morning, they yanked them out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be (which I'm sure is always the case), but because I had waited too long I had a few risks associated with the procedure. Before I went under, the doc told me that one of my teeth was in my sinuses, and another had a mass behind it. Therefore, I could either have a hole in my sinus, or have to have a biopsy on the possible tumor/cyst. Then they put me out. Thanks a lot, doc! Luckily, everything checked out, and I didn't look like too much of a chipmunk.

My nurse buddies
The whole appearance thing really worried me, because thanks to superior planning on my part, 7 days later we traveled to Houston for...


3 - My best friend's wedding. If you Google "perfect wedding," I'm pretty sure this wedding will be the first photo that pops up. The bride wore Vera Wang, it was sunny and 75, and the love in the air was infectious. B and I were so grateful that we were able to make it, even if it was in dramatic fashion, and thinking about how happy the new couple is makes my heart jump with joy. Back in January, we also spent a fantastic weekend in Las Vegas celebrating the bride and groom, and it was SO much fun! The bride is like the big sister I never had, so it's always fun to spoil her- I owe her everything!

Gorgeous!


4 - Potty training. Holy guacamole. When B potty trained Taz, I was still in college and had the privilege of missing out on the experience. Now, with B out of town, it's my turn. Bugs was doing pretty well... but now the snow has melted, and its like we're starting all over again! At least its not miserably cold when I take them out!

Ahhh... the days when it was easy


5 - Italy, Italy, and more Italy. In my spare time, I read a lot of articles and tour guide books. I feel like I'm getting to the point where I'm very Hermione Grainger about the whole move. I'm sure we'll get there and get thrown for a total loop. Like, I still really don't understand how the heck I'm supposed to get a train ticket. Honestly. I read all of these books and the common denominator is "just relax, you're in Italy!" I'm a planner. I don't "relax"... but I'm working on it!

When we found out where we were moving, we automatically went out and bought whatever Italian wine we could find
Rick Steves is the BEST... and I'm trying out the Fodor's for a different perspective. So far, Rick Steves is still the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment