Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday No. 7

Hey y'all! It's 2pm... and I just realized it's Friday!! Yipppeeeee! While all of y'all in the western hemisphere are waking up and getting your Fridays started, here's a little update on what's been going on over here this week.

1. Blog fail. So, I was supposed to be posting about our Baltic cruise for the next few weeks, but I've hit a little roadblock. I pre-wrote a few entries, but I need to fact check everything with our guidebook, which is full of notes and information. Unfortunately, B lent the book to a friend, and we're in the process of getting it back :) In the meantime, I will probably jump around a bit to share about our fun summer adventure with my parents!


Ljubljana, Slovenia last weekend
2. Productivity win! After dropping my parents off at the airport on Monday morning (sad face, crying face, I need my mommy face) my productivity this week has been through the roof! I've literally been on vacation for a month (and visited 11 countries, WHAT), so its been really nice playing catch up. Adulating isn't always fun, but when you do it right, it's so rewarding!

Errands in Italy: Ceramics Edition
3. My favorite non-human copilot. We try not to play "favorites" when it comes to our pups, but because they're so different, it's easy to recognize sometimes one is just better than the other. Exhibit A: car rides. Taz freaks out the whole time. Whining, barking, he just loses it. Bugs, on the other hand, is happy as a clam. He kind of looks out the window, examines the car, and eventually just lays down and falls asleep. B worked some crazy hours this week, so I took Bugs up to visit him! Minus being terrified of the stairs, Bugs did great!



4. Is it fall yet? Even though summer in northern Italy is beautiful, I'm ready for fall. The NSale obsession is real, y'all. I've definitely had a good balance of window shopping and actual shopping. I feel like with so many fun things happening this fall, adorable outfits are the final piece to the puzzle.

5. Healthy at home. During this calm before our next storm, we are a crazy healthy household. Veggies, chicken, and frittatas, oh my! I've been working out at home and unsure how I feel about it. I love the time commitment, since I don't have to travel all the way out to the gym on base, while avoiding "PT hours", but I miss cardio at the gym. Maybe a healthy mix of both or two-a-days are in my future? Taz and Bugs are pretty supportive. Here's Taz, cheering me on:


So much excitement, so little time! Also, I think I met my exclamation point quota for the week with this post... good thing its Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. The only way that we survive with all of our traveling is by eating heathy during the week! Otherwise I'm pretty sure that we'd be 500 pounds a piece! And yes to getting stuff done! Nothing is better than having a great week full of adulting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we travel, our motto is "go big" or "go home"... so when we "go home" we have to promise not to "go big" anymore... :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete