I will happily admit that I am a huge scaredy cat-about the silliest things. With Halloween approaching, I think it's important to share the things that make me cringe... but probably shouldn't. I am definitely scared of the typical yucky and creepy things (spiders, snakes, other things that go bump in the night), but I have a few weird things that have just creeped me out for my whole life!
Child Labor- I've never had a baby myself, but the thought of it is still terrifying to me. I'm not nervous about the nine months of pregnancy, or the 18 years of responsibility... but those 12 hours of labor FREAK me out. I'm trying to read books on it right now so that when the time comes I'm less terrified.
Needles, Doctors, and apparently Hospitals- I had a pretty severe health scare earlier this year, and as a result I had the pleasure of having my blood pressure tracked for a few months. Basically, I arrived at the hospital on base (almost 20 miles from my workplace), after getting pulled over for a random vehicle inspection at the gate, in severe pain. They took my BP as a standard procedure and it was high. DUH. I'm sorry, but that situation is probably not a great baseline to judge my overall health. Anyway, I would check my BP at home and work, and it was always normal and healthy.... but every time I went to the doctor for my checkups during those few months, it was high! So, apparently, I'm afraid of doctors and hospitals. And everyone knows needles are terrifying.
Rescuers Down Under- Yes. The movie about the mice. I think they're even in Australia, which really isn't that scary of a place! Something about that movie just freaked me out as a child and I still can't watch it!
Scary movies in general- Honestly, I can't do scary movies at all! I don't watch any of the scary films/ horror movies in theaters, and I have no intention of watching any of the scary classics either. I was scared of the dark a lot as a child, and I have a feeling that watching these movies wouldn't sit too well with me.




0 comments:
Post a Comment