Tuesdays are appropriately stressful. That is the only way I now how to describe them. I love working to the point I feel challenged, but I don't take the stress home with me. I head home at 5 and my favorite part of the day begins. I came home, made dinner, and had precious family time.
Our favorite way to relax is to travel. We can't do take any old trip on a whim, since Minot is fairly remote. We've driven to Minneapolis a few times an chad a blast! Unfortunately, it's an 8 hour drive. If we didn't want to take a day off of work, we would make the drive Friday night, and either arrive around 2 am, or stop in Fargo and continue on Saturday morning. Then, all day Sunday is spent driving back. After one or two trips, I'm sure you can imagine how stressful these mini trips can be. We would rather take a few trips a year and be able to take the appropriate amount of time :) Plus, maybe we'll live somewhere with a normal sized airport!
Anyway, with our impending move sometime next year, we've been worried to plan too far out. This has ended up being stressful for us- just imagine telling a planner personality to plan on not planning anything. See? Stressful. So, naturally, we booked a short trip to New York City in February! Of course.
Here's to planning our trip home in November, hosting my family in December, Vegas in January, NYC in February, Houston in March, and Dallas in May. Sounds relaxing, doesn't it?!
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Chillaxin'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2016
Travel
Five Things
Blog-tember 2014
Cruise
Friday
June
April
Baltics
2015
Amsterdam
Fall
Italy
Netherlands
PCS
Air Force
Austria
Food
July
Advice
B
Beach
Love
Norway
Russia
Salzburg
St. Petersburg
Venice
2017
America
August
Baby Wood
Barcelona
Blogging
Burano
Christmas
Cinque Terre
Copenhagen
Currently
Day Trip
Denmark
Estonia
Family
Flower
Girls Trip
Malta
March
May
Music
New Year
October
Oslo
Shopping
Spain
Stavanger
Style
Summer
Super Bowl
Tallinn
Texas
Tips
Vienna
POPULAR POSTS
-
It's the day before a weekend in which we have zero activities planned. Yippee! In other words, this is our last free weekend for...
-
APRIL 2016 When we visited Amsterdam in April, our number one priority was visiting the Keukenhof festival. Keukenhof is located just sout...
-
It's been a few Fridays since I've had an official "Friday" post for you, so here's to getting back on track! 1. Bug...
-
APRIL 2016 Sunday Our last day in Salzburg was our tour bus day! We had back to back "big bus" tours scheduled: the Sal...
-
FriYAY! I'm off on another adventure today, so this week has felt super short! Its getting hot in here! I'm finally using the ai...
-
JULY 2015 After a long, hard week of living in a hotel and waiting for our worldly possessions to arrive, we were ready to go explorin...
-
As I begin to share all of our adventures from our Baltic cruise, I think its important to give y'all some perspective. This was my thir...
-
JUNE 2016 Helsinki was the perfect city to enjoy right after our busy 2 days in St. Petersburg. The city itself was very industrial, an...
-
Howdy! Generally, I think my life is probably fairly boring. Then I remember, oh wait, its boring in Italy . Everything here is different...
-
APRIL 2016 Friday A few days after we returned from Amsterdam, we headed to Salzburg with B's parents. Our first day in Salzburg ...




0 comments:
Post a Comment