Friday, September 19, 2014

Blog-tember Day 19

Sept 19th: If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?


Let's back track just a little bit. The funniest piece of advice I ever received came from my mother. When I met B at the ripe age of 15, I needed to ask my parents permission to go on a date. I was turned down, you know, because I was 15 (which in hindsight is completely reasonable). Anyway- my mother told me, 

"Stacy, eventually after you start dating, you'll get married. After you get married, you'll get pregnant. When you're having the baby, you're going to arrive at the hospital and everyone is going to try and get you to have the baby with no drugs. You tell everybody that you don't care what they say, you want the drugs. Just get the drugs, Stacy. No matter what." 
Did I mention I was 15? My mom is hilarious, and I will always remember her telling me that, and me being COMPLETELY terrified. 


If I had to give any large group of people advice- I would tell them to do whatever you want-and do whatever makes you happy. Seriously. At the end of the day, we control our fates and what is going to make us happy. I am a firm believer that happiness is a choice, and its always attainable. We are the only thing that holds us back. Beyonce has the same number of hours in a day. Just let THAT sink in for a minute.




Brave Love Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment