Sept 8th: Music that moves you. Are you a Spotify addict or a Pandora guru? Tell us your favorite artists/stations!
I am 100% Pandora. I've actually never used Spotify!! The only thing that prevents me from using Pandora at al times is the data usage. My favorite stations to listen to:
While working: Michael Buble Radio. I know, I know. Super cliche. The truth is, I used to work with a girl who would listen to top 40 music at her desk, and it just freaked me out. I specifically remember her listening to Britney Spears' song "3," while sitting at her desk typing away. Now, every time I hear anything Britney, I just think of her sitting at her desk. Michael Buble radio does a great job of combining Buble with Frank Sinatra, Etta James, and Marvin Gaye. It's so relaxing! I've also found a few new favorites! Download Colbie Callait's iTunes Session. Immediately!
On a sunny day: Keith Urban Radio. Come on- he is perfection! Listening to old school Urban instantly puts me in a great mood! It reminds me of sunshine and the south every time. Ahhhh.
While havin' a good time/anytime: Bruno Mars Radio/Backstreet Boys Radio/Maroon 5 Radio. B and I were havin' a good time one night and playing darts in our basement, and listening to Bruno Mars Radio. Well... One of us accidentally skipped all of the Bruno Mars songs on Bruno Mars Radio, and now our station is a little strange- but we love it! And, we love Bruno, so I don't know what I, err, one of us, was thinking. Now, because we're too lazy to figure out how to fix its, we jam to BSB and Maroon 5, and it is all kinds of amazing every time.
During the Christmas season: Baby It's Cold Outside Radio. This is up the same alley as Michael Buble Radio. It's all of the quintessential Christmas songs- Bing Crosby, Mariah Carey, and even new favorites like Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel's version of "Baby It's Cold Outside."
I think music is a lot like scents. Hear me out! You've got those songs that remind you of special occasions and times in your life. No matter where you are or what you're doing, whenever you hear certain songs, sometimes we can't help but feel warm and fuzzy, overjoyed, nostalgic, and sometimes even sad or angry. Music makes the world go 'round, and I'm so thankful for it every single day.





0 comments:
Post a Comment